Romabio Mineral Paints Are Different than Traditional Acrylics/Latex Paints.
Romabio products are derived from minerals and eco-sustainable resources, not petroleum resources. Mineral paints are different than acrylic or latex paints because of their molecular structure, their resin type, and the other ingredients. Romabio spent years collaborating with biologists and chemists to figure out how to use ancient paint technologies to adhere to modern surfaces with extreme durability and high-performance.
- Romabio Mineral Paints micro-crystalline structure allows air and moisture vapor
to permeate through the surface into the substrate, providing a healthy exchange
- Romabio Mineral Paints provide up to 95% permeability when applied to non-
painted virgin product surfaces.
- Because of the micro-crystalline bond formed by Romabio Mineral Paints, they create a more durable coating.
- Durable coatings mean less frequent applications of paint, saving material and
labor costs, as well as reducing carbon footprint.
Luminosity & Color
- Because of dynamic color refraction due to the high mineral content, our color palates are more vibrant and beautiful providing more depth and light.
Naturally Mold Resistance
- Due to high mineral content and natural high alkalinity, Romabio Mineral Paints are inherently resistant to mold and fungal growth.
- Because of acrylic paints molecular structure and lower PH, they are more prone to grow mold.
Odorless & Toxin Free
- Romabio Mineral Paints do not contain solvents, are virtually odorless, and have no
- Acrylic paints can contain a combination of solvents, petrochemicals, phthalates,
and biocides, and always a certain amount of VOC and TVOC.
- Romabio Mineral Paints are inherently non-combustible and have excellent
resistance as well as reaction to fire.
- Acrylic paints contain petrochemicals and acrylic, which are more likely to burn in a
- Potassium silicate is the primary binder in our mineral paints – a natural, raw material.
- Acrylic paints are derived from a chemical process of petrol refinement to create resin that when mixed with certain coalescing agents creates a paint product.
Ancient Technologies Changed for the Modern World
Mineral based paints have been around for centuries and are widely used in Europe and Asia. Our paint formulator in Italy has been using mineral, potassium silicate technologies for more than 40 years.
These paints are not well known in the U.S. because acrylic based systems have dominated the marketplace due to ease of use, and cheaper petroleum based ingredients.
Romabio used the best from the ancient, natural based mineral and lime technologies of paint and plaster systems, and develop the healthiest, cleanest, and highest-performing paints for our customers, the environment and the world at large.