Romabio Lime Slurry
Lime Slurry is an authentic, Italian lime paint used for beautiful, textured finishes, ideal for unpainted and absorbent brick, stone, or masonry surfaces.
At first glance, the product looks dense – because it comes concentrated. But slight dilution with water (5-8% dilution) is enough to make the viscosity perfect for ease-of-use, high coverage, and Romabio’s distinguished flat, European finish.
Our unique formulation allows Romabio Lime Slurry to harden like plaster but is easily applied like our other masonry paints.
It is recommended to determine precise coverage by performing an application and absorbency test on the surface where Lime Slurry is to be used. Depending on absorption and type of surface the following coverage:
2.5L/.67 GAL covers 90-100 Sq/Ft
15L/4 GAL covers 540-600 Sq/Ft
“My clients have been wanting something different that provides a Stucco-like look for brick and masonry surfaces, so I recommend Romabio Lime Slurry, as an Italian lime paint that gives them a unique finish. It has amazing durability, but it’s so easy to use. It fills the mortar joints and crevices of the brick just like a plaster, but it is applied like a paint. Another product offering from Romabio that we will be using much more in the future!”
-Hans Cook of Reflections of Italy
The two-coat, easy application process for typical Lime Slurry applications.
For a flushed, artistic finish or for deep mortar joints, apply a pre-coat of Romabio Marmorino GF. This will allow for artistic flexibility. Brush on one (1) coat of Marmorino GF into the mortar joints and allow to dry overnight before proceeding to the steps below.
- Dampen The Surface Properly prepare and clean the surface with water, prior to application. Dampen the wall to be painted (wet but not dripping) and keep damp as necessary, especially in high heat and direct sunlight.
- Paint Apply the 1st coat of diluted paint from bottom to top of the wall with the Romabio Large Masonry Brush in a horizontal pattern taking care to apply the product in the brick joints. Prior to applying the 2nd coat of Romabio Lime Slurry, make sure to wet the wall surface again. 2nd coat apply as 1st coat.
- Class I permeable rating.
- Excellent UV Resistance.
- Can be tinted up to any medium tone color at the point of sale.
- Stands up to extreme temperatures.
- Applied by brush only, best results with Romabio Large Masonry Brush.